[tc][ops] reviving osops- repos

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Thu May 30 19:23:43 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

So we've realized that we have a few operational tools that we keep
around that live all over the place and it would probably be the best
for the community to have access to them.  I did a bit of research and
it looks like the openstack/osops-* repos used to exist between
operators to maintain things like this, however, they've gone pretty
abandoned over time.

I'd like to pick up this effort and as part of doing that, I'd like to
move them into a GitHub organization and rename them out of x/ to make
them not seem so .. 'dead'.

I've requested to move x/osops-* to openstack-operators/* in GitHub so
that I can setup the appropriate mirroring in post pipeline (and then
propose a patch to rename things inside Gerrit as well).

There was concern around the idea of using 'openstack' as it's a
copyrighted term and a TC discussion was brought up as an idea which
makes sense.  I'd like to ask if everyone else feels like it's okay so
move things into that org and host them there.

Thanks,
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost