[Glance] Deprecation and removal of sheepdog store

Erno Kuvaja ekuvaja at redhat.com
Thu May 30 11:43:16 UTC 2019

Hola,

Due to the stopped development and maintenance of sheepdog [0] we made the
call to deprecate the store driver for removal. As the sheepdog job has not
been working and there has been no interest to fix it and sheepdog upstream
development has dried out as well, we are looking to remove the Glance
driver for it at early U.

This means that if there is someone who is using the sheepdog store for
images, Train will be the last release to fix the driver and fork it for
your own repo for your own maintenance. We are also looking into killing
the failing test job for the same reason [1]

[0] http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/sheepdog/2019-March/068451.html
[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/660450/

Best,
Erno "jokke" Kuvaja