[ironic][inspector] Can inspector create port groups or add a port group to the baremetal ports?

Kaifeng Wang kaifeng.w at gmail.com
Wed May 29 02:30:22 UTC 2019

Hi Abishek,

Abishek Subramanian (absubram) <absubram at cisco.com>于2019年5月29日 周三上午7:01写道:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m looking at port-groups/ bonding options with ironic and I’ve looked at
> this documentation -
> https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/rocky/admin/portgroups.html
>

> Everything listed there checks out and works when manually attempted.
>
> The next thing I’d like to do is see if the port group creation and
> addition of the port group to the baremetal ports can be done via inspector.
>

> Is this feature available?

AFAIK inspector doesn’t support port group enrollment or update at the
moment.

If not, once I create the port group and then run inspection, will the
> inspector apply the port group to any baremetal ports that it creates?

This is not supported as well, even if you have pre-created a port group,
it’s a per node value, thus can’t be used in a generic way.

There are simple rules support in the inspector, but I suspect it could be
done via rules. The caveat is the combination of ports and mode is
flexible, and this is not something can be probed during inspection. Maybe
we’ll need to write a plugin to get some predefined support, e.g., create a
port group with mode 0 for all active ports.