[ironic][inspector] Can inspector create port groups or add a port group to the baremetal ports?

Abishek Subramanian (absubram) absubram at cisco.com
Tue May 28 22:56:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I’m looking at port-groups/ bonding options with ironic and I’ve looked at this documentation - https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/rocky/admin/portgroups.html

Everything listed there checks out and works when manually attempted.
The next thing I’d like to do is see if the port group creation and addition of the port group to the baremetal ports can be done via inspector.

Is this feature available?
If not, once I create the port group and then run inspection, will the inspector apply the port group to any baremetal ports that it creates?

Appreciate any help with this regard.

Thanks!
Abishek