[requirements][tooz] uncap grpcio

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue May 28 14:54:50 UTC 2019

On 5/28/19 9:40 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Requirements is looking to raise the version of grpcio to 1.21.1.
> grpcio has been uncapped in requirements for six months now and
> currently only tooz is blocking the usage of newer versions.

It hasn't been uncapped for six months. The commit was initially
proposed to gerrit six months ago, but it was only merged a couple of
weeks ago: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/625010/

We have a patch up to uncap grpcio in tooz:
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/659590

It was previously blocked by an unrelated issue with the gate jobs, but
that has since been fixed. I tweaked the patch to address the nits that
had been pointed out and it should be good to go now.

> Following the unblocking we'd need a release in order to actually
> unblock things in gate.
>
> It looks like it was fixed in 1.18.0, if you need to mask version
> between (and including) 1.16.0 and 1.17.x feel free to submit the
> patches to global-requirements.

The exclusions were part of the uncap patch in g-r. In tooz we're just
bumping the minimum to 1.18.0 to avoid problems if they would happen to
do another 1.16 or 1.17 bugfix release.