[nova] stable-maint is especially unhealthily RH-centric

Elõd Illés elod.illes at ericsson.com
Thu May 23 17:01:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

I was thinking to answer here... What I see is that more projects
struggle sometimes with having enough and quick stable reviews as cores
are busy with the development track. I know that to become a stable core
for a project needs to be a core of that project already and to know
stable rules. My question is: wouldn't it be possible to someone who
proves that he/she knows and follows the stable rules could be a stable
core without being a core before? Maybe it could be enough or just make
the projects life easier if for example one +2 could come from a person
who is 'just' a stable core and one is necessary to come from a core
both in stable and in 'master' on that project.

I'm writing this because I mostly deal with stable patches (reviewing +
bugfix backporting + fixing periodic job problems in various projects,
also in nova) and for example I would volunteer to help with stable
reviews as I am aware of stable rules (at least I believe so :)). I'm
working like this because my employer, Ericsson, wants to strengthen
stable and extended maintenance of OpenStack, too.

What do you think about this kind of stable cores?

Thanks,

Előd