[telemetry] Voting for a new meeting time

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Wed May 22 19:38:12 UTC 2019

Hello guys,
Sadly, I will not be able to attend our meeting at 23/05/2019 02:00-03:00
UTC.

I checked the telemetry vision proposals, and I would vote (if it ever
comes to something like that) to options A and B. Option C would be very
interesting, but I am not sure if it is feasible in the short/medium term.

Options D and E seem to be the path that Telemetry was taking as we briefly
discussed in our last meeting; that would have a serious impact on many
production environments. Therefore, I (we) think that might be better to
avoid them at all cost.

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 4:05 AM Trinh Nguyen <dangtrinhnt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> According to the poll [1], I will organize 2 meeting sessions on May 23rd:
>
>    - Core contributors (mostly in APAC): 02:00 UTC
>    - Cross-projects contributors (mostly in US or around that): 08:00 UTC
>
> Some core members or at least myself will be able to attend both meetings
> so I think it should be fine. I will put the meeting agenda here [2].
>
> [1] https://doodle.com/poll/cd9d3ksvpms4frud
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/telemetry-meeting-agenda
>
> Bests,
>
> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 12:05 PM Trinh Nguyen <dangtrinhnt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>>
>> As discussed, we should have a new meeting time so more contributors can
>> join. So please cast your vote in the link below *by the end of May 15th
>> (UTC).*
>>
>> https://doodle.com/poll/cd9d3ksvpms4frud
>>
>> One thing to keep in mind that I still want to keep the old meeting time
>> as an option, not because I'm biasing the APAC developers but because it is
>> the time that most of the active contributors (who actually pushing patches
>> and review) can join.
>>
>> When we have the results if we end up missing some contributors (I think
>> all of you are great!), no worries. We could try to create different
>> meetings for a different set of contributors, something like:
>>
>>    - Developers: for bug triage, implementation, etc.
>>    - Operators: input from operators are important too since we need
>>    real use cases
>>    - Cross-project: Telemetry may need to work with other teams
>>    - Core team: for the core team to discuss the vision and goals,
>>    planning
>>

>> Okie, I know we cannot live without monitoring/logging so let's rock the
>> world guys!!!
>>
>> Bests
>>

>> --
>> *Trinh Nguyen*