[heat][neutron] improving extraroute support

Bence Romsics bence.romsics at gmail.com
Tue May 21 08:17:20 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Some of you may not be aware yet that a new concern was raised
regarding the extraroute improvement plans just after the last neutron
session was closed on the PTG.

It seems we have a tradeoff between the support for the use case of
tracking multiple needs for the same extra route or keeping the
virtual router abstraction as simple as it was in the past.

I'm raising the question of this tradeoff here in the mailing list
because this (I hope) seems to be the last cross-project question of
this topic. If we could find a cross-project consensus on this I could
continue making progress inside each project without need for further
cross-project coordination. Please help me find this consensus.

I don't want to unnecessarily repeat arguments already made. I think
the question is clearly formulated in the comments of patch sets 5, 6
and 8 of the below neutron-spec:

https://review.opendev.org/655680 Improve Extraroute API

All opinions, comments, questions are welcome there.

Thanks in advance,
Bence (rubasov)