[ptg][kolla][openstack-ansible][tripleo] PTG cross-project summary

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Thu May 16 10:40:25 UTC 2019

On 5/7/19 11:07 AM, Mark Goddard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a summary of the ad-hoc cross project session between the
> OpenStack Ansible and Kolla teams.
>
> It occurred to me that our two teams likely face similar challenges, and
> there are areas we could collaborate on. I've tagged TripleO also since
> the same applies there.
>
> [Collaboration on approach to features]
> This was my main reason for proposing the session - there are features
> and changes that all deployment tools need to make. Examples coming up
> include support for upgrade checkers and IPv6. Rather than work in
> isolation and solve the same problem in different ways, perhaps we could
> share our experiences. The implementations will differ, but providing a
> reasonably consistent feel between deployment tools can't be a bad thing.
>
> As a test case, we briefly discussed our experience with the upgrade
> checker support added in Stein, and found that our expectation of how it
> would work was fairly aligned in the room, but not aligned with how I
> understand it to actually work (it's more of a post-upgrade check than a
> pre-upgrade check).

Hello! I'm pretty sure the new Validation Framework can help here, since
we intend to provide a pre|post deploy|update|upgrade way to run
validations.

Feel free to ping me if you want (Tengu on #tripleo) - or just ask
questions in here :).

Since we want to extend the framework to not only cover tripleo and
openstack, that would be a good start with kolla imho :)

--
Cédric Jeanneret
Software Engineer - OpenStack Platform