[devstack][tempest][neutron][ironic] Trouble debugging networking issues with devstack/lib/tempest

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 15 20:49:04 UTC 2019

Hey all,

We've been having networking issues with our ironic CI job and I'm a bit
blocked. Included is a sample run of the job failing [0]. Our job
creates a single flat public network at [1]. Everything goes fine until
we hit 'lib/tempest'. The job fails trying to create a network [2].

At first I thought this could be because we configure a single physnet
which is used by the 'public' network, however I've tried jumping on the
node, deleting the 'public' network and creating the network mentioned
in lib/tempest and it still fails with:

Error while executing command: HttpException: 503, Unable to create the network. No tenant network is available for allocation.

Does anyone have any insight into what we're not configuring properly?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mike Turek <mjturek on freenode>

[0]