[oslo][all] Ending courtesy pings

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed May 15 18:55:10 UTC 2019

On 5/14/19 12:42 PM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> (curated at the start of each cycle administratively so inactive folks
> weren't constantly pinged)

We discussed this some in the Cinder meeting today and I suggested maybe
clearing the list each cycle and requiring people to re-subscribe. That
way we don't end up with stale entries and people being pinged
undesirably. It's a little tricky for me to clean up the list manually
since I don't want to remove liaisons, but I'm not sure some of them
actually attend the meeting anymore.

Plus that might encourage people to set up client-side notifications so
they don't have to mess with it every six months. If the ping list ends
up empty (or not) then it's a pretty good indication of people's
preferences.