[publiccloud-wg][publiccloud-sig][telemetry] OpenStack billing initiative for public and private clouds

Tobias Rydberg tobias.rydberg at citynetwork.eu
Tue May 14 07:14:44 UTC 2019

Hi all,

During the Denver 2019 Summit the Public Cloud SIG identified that the
current situation around public cloud (and private) billing is somewhat
fragmented. Some operators use ceilometer, some Cloudkitty, and many use
custom implementations. We have started an initiative to find a solution
for this issue and figure out a way moving forward that can solve the
needs and gaps in current solutions that exists, a solution that will
make it easier for all openstack clouds, private and public, to manage
billing.

We are at a very early stage here, brainstorming around requirements and
ideas, and would like to collect as much information about potential
requirements and solutions as possible before we get any further. An
etherpad [0] is created for the initial collection of information, and
we would appreciate feedback and ideas there before the next Public
Cloud SIG meeting that will take place 23rd of May 2019 at 1400 UTC in
the #openstack-publiccloud channel.

Cheers,
Tobias

[0]
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/publiccloud-sig-billing-implementation-proposal

--
Tobias Rydberg
Senior Developer

www.citynetwork.eu | www.citycloud.com

INNOVATION THROUGH OPEN IT INFRASTRUCTURE
ISO 9001, 14001, 27001, 27015 & 27018 CERTIFIED