[senlin][zaqar][networking-midonet][networking-odl][vmware-nsx] Neutron-LBaaS retirement warning!

Adam Harwell flux.adam at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:41:05 UTC 2019

If you are using the CLI, there is a tutorial on how to use most of the
functionality of Octavia here:
https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/latest/user/guides/basic-cookbook.html

If you are using the API directly, then the only action would be to include
Octavia in your projects list (if it isn't already) and change your
endpoint from neutron to octavia. The Octavia API is fully compatible with
the Neutron-LBaaS v2 API spec.

If you are using the python client, you will need to switch to
python-octaviaclient or to the openstack SDK, and I am unfortunately not
aware of a guide to do that. However, it is a remarkably similar service
(object model and API are 100% compatible), so making the transition should
hopefully not be very difficult, and we are happy to help in
#openstack-lbaas on IRC if you need specific assistance.

    --Adam