[nova][ironic] Lock-related performance issue with update_resources periodic job

Surya Seetharaman surya.seetharaman9 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 20:34:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:40 PM Jason Anderson <jasonanderson at uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> I'm wondering, after all this, if it makes sense to rethink this
> one-semaphore thing, and instead create a per-hypervisor semaphore when
> doing the resource syncing. I can't think of a reason why the entire set of
> hypervisors needs to be considered as a whole when doing this task, but I
> could very well be missing something.

While theoretically this would be ideal, I am not sure how the
COMPUTE_RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE can be tweaked into a per-hypervisor (for
ironic) semaphore since its ultimately on a single compute-service's
resource tracker, unless I am missing something obvious. Maybe the nova
experts who know more this could shed some light.

--

Regards,
Surya.