[OSC][PTG] Summary: many things to do!

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:27:07 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM Stephen Finucane <sfinucan at redhat.com> wrote:
> > * server migrate --live: deprecate the --live option and add a new
> > --live-migration option and a --host option
>
> Could I suggest we don't bother deprecating the '--live' option in 3.x
> and simply rework it for 4.0? This is of course assuming the 4.0
> release date is months away and not years, of course.

Sure, my primary concern is that we do what makes the most sense from
a user's point of view.

Re OSC4, I am cherry-picking the work that was done a while back on
the feature/osc4 branch back to master, that should be done in a day
or two.  That said, I do not want to rush a 4.0 release, it has taken
2 years already, I want to make sure we include all of the things that
we have been holding both explicitly and mentally.  I am open to input
on how long that should be...

dt

--
Dean Troyer