Re: [openstack-ansible][monasca][zaqar][watcher][searchlight] Retirement of unused OpenStack Ansible roles

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon May 13 07:20:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 8, 2019, at 19:05, Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would love to take care of the searchlight roles. Are there any specific requirements I need to keep in mind?
>
> Bests,
>

> --
> *Trinh Nguyen*
> _www.edlab.xyz_

Hello,

Great news!
Searchlight role has been unmaintained for a while. The code is still using old elastic search versions, and is following relatively old standards. We are looking for someone ready to first step into the code to fix the deployment and add functional test coverage (for example, add tempest testing). This might require refreshing the role to our latest openstack-ansible standards too (we can discuss this in a different email or on our channel).

When this would be done, we would be hoping you'd accept to be core on this role, so you can monitor the role, and ensure it's always working fine, and behave the way you expect it to be.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)