Baremetal attach volume in Multi-tenancy

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Fri May 10 10:39:29 UTC 2019

On 10/05, zack chen wrote:
> This is a normal Cinder in Openstack deployment
>
> I'm using ceph as cinder backend, RBD drvier.

Hi,

If you are using a Ceph/RBD cluster then there are some things to take
into consideration:

- You need to have the ceph-common package installed in the system.

- The images are mounted using the kernel module, so you have to be
  careful with the features that are enabled in the images.

- If I'm not mistaken the RBD attach using the cinderclient extension
  will fail if you don't have the configuration and credentials file
  already in the system.

> My ideas the instance should communicate with Openstack platform storage
> network via the vrouter provided by neutron. The vrouter gateway should
> communicate with Openstack platform. is or right?

I can't help you on the network side, since I don't know anything about
Neutron.

Cheers,
Gorka.