Baremetal attach volume in Multi-tenancy

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Thu May 9 09:28:28 UTC 2019

On 08/05, zack chen wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for a mechanism that can be used for baremetal attach volume
> in a multi-tenant scenario. In addition we use ceph as the backend storage
> for cinder.
>
> Can anybody give me some advice?

Hi,

Is this a stand alone Cinder deployment or a normal Cinder in OpenStack
deployment?

What storage backend will you be using?

What storage protocol? iSCSI, FC, RBD...?

Depending on these you can go with Walter's suggestion of using
cinderclient and its extension (which in general is the best way to go),
or you may prefer writing a small python script that uses OS-Brick and
makes the REST API calls directly.

Cheers,
Gorka.