[nova][cinder][ptg] Summary: Swap volume woes

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:03:17 UTC 2019

On 5/6/2019 8:18 AM, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> - Deprecate the existing swap volume API in Train, remove in U.

I don't remember this coming up. Deprecation is one thing if we have an
alternative, but removal isn't really an option. Yes we have 410'ed some
REST APIs for removed services (nova-network, nova-cells) but for the
most part we're married to our REST APIs so we can deprecate things to
signal "don't use these anymore" but that doesn't mean we can just
delete them. This is why we require a spec for all API changes, because
of said marriage.

Matt