[heat][ptg] Summary for Heat from Denver Summit

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed May 8 05:34:07 UTC 2019

Hi all

Here's the etherpad for Heat in Denver Summit and PTG:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DEN-Train-Heat
I will update heat project onboarding video to slide page later, at
meanwhile, enjoy slides for onboarding: https://goo.gl/eZ3bbH and project
update: https://goo.gl/Fr6rBH

*Some target items for Train cycle:*

   - Move to service token auth for re-auth
   - Hide OS::Glance::Image and mark as placeholder resource
   - make placeholder designate V1 resources too since they already deleted
   in Designate in Rocky
   - Heat zombie services entries recycle
   - Atomic ExtraRoute resource improvement
   - Better document and scenario test support for Auto-scaling SIG and
   Self-healing SIG
   - Ironic resources (Don't get this wrong, Heat already support Ironic by
   using Nova server resources. This is about directly supported Ironic
   resources)
   - Adding support for Heat in Terraform

For some ongoing tasks like Vitrage Template still on our review target
list too, and we will try to make sure those works for features/deprecation
tasks will be landed soon as we can.

*Help most needed for Heat:*
We very much need for core reviewers to help to push patches in. So, please
join us for help to review an develop. I hope we can still keep Heat
develop more active. Like we

*No meeting for this week*
Since people just come back from Summit, and I pretty sure some of us still
in other events now, so let's skip meeting this week.

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin