[TripleO][PTG] Validation summary
cjeanner at redhat.com
Tue May 7 07:56:07 UTC 2019
Last Saturday, we had a session about two topics:
- Validation Framework
- In-flight validations
Here's a summary about the different discussions around those topics.
## Current state:
- all the existing validations within "tripleo-validations" have been
moved to the new format (proper ansible roles with dedicated playbook).
Big thumb up to the involved people for the hard work!
- Mistral runs them from the hard drive instead of using swift
- Possibility to run validations through the CLI using the new
"openstack tripleo validator" subcommand
- Possibility to run the validations directly with ansible-playbook
- Blog posts with demos and some explanations:
- Refactor tripleoclient code regarding the way ansible is called, in
order to allow bypassing mistral (useful if mistral is broken or not
available, like on a standalone deploy)
- Get more validations from the Services teams (Compute, Neutron, and so on)
- CI integration: get a job allowing to validate the framework (running
the no-op validation and group) as well as validations themselves
- Doc update (WIP: https://review.opendev.org/654943)
- Check how the tripleo-validations content might be backported down to
Pike or even Newton. We don't consider the CLI changes, since the
cherry-picks will be more than painful, and might break things in a
really bad way.
You can find the whole, raw content on the following pad:
In case you have questions or remarks, or want to dig further in the
topics present on that pad, feel free to contact me or just run a thread
on the ML :).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the openstack-discuss