[nova][neutron][ptg] Summary: Leaking resources when ports are deleted out-of-band
openstack at fried.cc
Fri May 3 21:20:07 UTC 2019
Summary: When a port is deleted out of band (while still attached to an
instance), any associated QoS bandwidth resources are orphaned in placement.
- Neutron to block deleting a port whose "owner" field is set.
- If you really want to do this, null the "owner" field first.
- Nova still needs a way to delete the port during destroy. To be
- Nova can null the "owner" field first.
- The operation can be permitted with a certain policy role, which
Nova would have to be granted.
More information about the openstack-discuss