[sig][upgrades] job done

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Thu May 2 21:57:49 UTC 2019

Hi All

After this mornings PTG session, I'm pleased to propose that we formally
end the Upgrades SIG.

That’s a “pleased” because we feel that our job as a SIG is done!

Upgrades in OpenStack are no longer a "special interest"; they are now an
integral part of the philosophy of projects within the OpenStack ecosystem
and although there are probably still some rough edges, we don’t think we
need a SIG to drive this area forward any longer.

So thanks for all of the war stories, best practice discussion and general
upgrade related conversation over the Forums, PTG’s and Summits over the
last few years - it's been fun!

Regards

James