[nova][ptg] Summary: Stein Retrospective
openstack at fried.cc
Thu May 2 19:31:02 UTC 2019
- At least one newcomer was very happy with the welcome/support he
received. Let's keep up the encouragement and make new long-term
- Placement extraction went pretty well. Forum session had no negative
energy. (Is this because we planned really well, or because it wasn't
that big a deal to begin with?)
- Great work and collaboration on the bandwidth series. Framework will
set us up nicely for other uses as well (e.g. cyborg).
- Runways work. Let's keep using them.
- Release themes: some people benefit from their existence; for others
they are irrelevant but harmless. So let's keep doing them, since they
- Good coordination & communication with the TripleO team.
- Long commit chains are hard. Things that have helped some people,
which should be encouraged for the future: hangouts, videos, and/or
emails, supplementing specs, acting as "review guidance".
- The Stein release seemed a little less focused than usual. No cause or
action was identified.
- Pre-PTG emails around Placement were very effective for some,
suggested to be used in the future for Nova, though noting the
limitations and restricting to the parts of the design process not
appropriate for other forums (like specs).
- do themes (to be discussed Saturday 1200)
- keep doing runways
- (mriedem) hangout/video/review-guide-email for cross-cell resize work
- Consider pre-PTG email threads for U
More information about the openstack-discuss