Which are the most popular free open source OpenStack cloud operating systems or distros?

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Thu May 2 08:20:13 UTC 2019

I am not aware of a popularity ranking, but the usual commercial Linux vendors and a large number of other providers offer distros. See https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/distros/ for a list. Download and documentation details are available at the vendors’ web sites. Since OpenStack is open-source, so are the distros.

In addition, you find non-commercial deployment tools on the documentation web site https://docs.openstack.org/stein/deploy/. You can also hand-craft your cloud: https://docs.openstack.org/stein/install/.

Bernd