[ironic][neutron][ops] Ironic multi-tenant networking, VMs

Jeremy Freudberg jeremyfreudberg at gmail.com
Wed May 1 16:45:38 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any best practices for Ironic bare metal
nodes and regular VMs living on the same network. I'm sure if involves
Ironic's `neutron` multi-tenant network driver, but I'm a bit hazy on
the rest of the details (still very much in the early stages of
exploring Ironic). Surely it's possible, but I haven't seen mention of
this anywhere (except the very old spec from 2015 about introducing
ML2 support into Ironic) nor is there a gate job resembling this
specific use.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Jeremy