[Nova][Neutron] When Trying to Use Xen Hypervisor on OpenStack, Virtual machines can not get ip

Gökhan IŞIK skylightcoder at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:19:13 UTC 2019

Hi Team,
I am trying to test hypervisors which OpenStack supported. So I installed 1
controller node , 1 xen compute node and 1 kvm compute node.
I installed OpenStack Pike version. My kvm compute node works properly but
I have problem about xen compute node.
ı installed xen server 7.0 version to my server and on domU I created
centos 7 virtual machine and ı installed nova-compute on it. For installing
Openstack on xen I followed
https://openstack-xenserver.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ guide. When I tried
creating virtual machine , virtual machine is created but it has no ip. It
didn't get any ip.
I have no experince on xen server and ı don't know how ı can solve this
problem. I looked at logs but I didn't see any errors. I need your help.
I doubt of my neutron config. ı have 2 nics and one for management network
and 1 for public network. These are my nics on dom0[
https://imgur.com/a/IrdLoCn]. these are my nics on domU
[https://imgur.com/a/5RliHa7].

<https://imgur.com/a/5RliHa7>
I am sending my ifconfig output on dom0[
http://paste.openstack.org/show/750146/]  and domU[
http://paste.openstack.org/show/750147/].
I am also sending my openvswitch_agent.ini file[
http://paste.openstack.org/show/750148/ ].