[dev] oslosphinx Sphinx theme is EOL

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 15:32:48 UTC 2019

Just a quick pointer that the oslosphinx theme does not work with
Sphinx 2.0, which was released yesterday, failing with the following
error:

   Exception occurred:
     File "/home/zuul/src/git.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/.tox/docs/lib/python3.6/site-packages/oslosphinx/__init__.py", line 76, in builder_inited
       app.info('Using openstack theme from %s' % theme_dir)
    AttributeError: 'Sphinx' object has no attribute 'info'

The oslo team have decided not to fix these issues, given that
oslosphinx is EOL since Pike, and we suggest that people instead
migrate to openstackdocstheme [1] (for projects that are able to use
the OpenStack brand [2]) or something else (for projects that are not).
For the former, I suggest follow the openstackdocstheme [1] or look at
what we've done in nova-specs [3] for an existing example. If you have
issues, please reach out on #openstack-doc and one of us will try our
best to help you migrate.

I'll work with infra to get the repo shuttered and avoid any further
confusion with this theme going forward.

Stephen

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/openstackdocstheme/latest/
[2] https://www.openstack.org/brand
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/648670/