[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update XVI - Mar 27, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 07:15:49 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 16th update (Mar 20 to Mar 26, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Highlights of the week:
* we can now install os_tempest dependencies using ansible-galaxy
  Below is the steps:
  git clone https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
  cd openstack-ansible-os_tempest
  ansible-galaxy install -r requirements.yml; cd ..
  ansible-galaxy install <path to cloned openstack-ansible-os_tempest>
  and you are done.
* We have added new var tempest_keystone_interface_insecure for doing
  ssl verification in tempest.conf

Thanks for mkopec and odyssey4me for helping on new var and stackviz
installation.

Things got merged:
OS_TEMPEST:
* Use requirements.yml for managing os_tempest deps -
https://review.openstack.org/644600
* Beautify Generate test-list file shell task -
https://review.openstack.org/644499
* Ensure stackviz installs from tarball URL only -
https://review.openstack.org/637503
* Bring back the --serial flag alive - https://review.openstack.org/644505
* Use tempest_keystone_interface_insecure var for ssl verification -
https://review.openstack.org/644816

Things in progress:
OS_TEMPEST:
* Include config_template action plugin as a deps for os_tempest -
https://review.openstack.org/644830
* User guide for os_tempest - https://review.openstack.org/644570

TripleO:
* Added install_os_tempest_deps function to install os_tempest deps -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647375/
* Remove keystone_service_internaluri_insecure var from os_tempest -
https://review.openstack.org/647782

What is coming this week?
* use python_venv_build role in os_tempest
* port standalone jobs in tripleo side

Here is the 15th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004015.html