[all][tc] Feedback on Kata Containers and Zuul pilot projects

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 26 16:07:02 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-18 18:42:34 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Per the confirmation guidelines[0] and foundation mailing list
> thread[1], the OSF Board of directors is soliciting feedback from
> representatives of existing confirmed Open Infrastructure Projects
> (so far that's just OpenStack) when evaluating the Kata Containers
> and Zuul pilot projects' upcoming applications for OIP confirmation.
> Particularly worth calling out, guideline #4 "Open collaboration"
> asserts the following:
>
>     Project behaves as a good neighbor to other confirmed and pilot
>     projects.
>
> If you (our community at large, not just TC members) have any
> observations/interactions with the Kata Containers and Zuul
> maintainers or their software which could serve as useful examples
> for how these projects do or do not meet this and other guidelines,
> please provide them in the per-project pads[2][3] and if possible
> include a citation with links to substantiate your feedback. After
> March 31, 2019 the information there will be assembled into more
> cohesive documents and posted to the foundation mailing list in
> preparation for the scheduled OSF Board of Directors meeting[4] on
> April 8.
>
> [0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/OSFProjectConfirmationGuidelines
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2019-March/002721.html
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-tc-kata-confirmation-feedback
> [3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-tc-zuul-confirmation-feedback
> [4] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2019-March/002733.html

Please forgive the netiquette transgression of my self-reply, but I
wanted to add the [all] tag for increased visibility. We haven't
collected a vast amount of feedback from the OpenStack community on
the Kata Containers and Zuul pilot projects yet, so please see the
above. If you or your project has interactions with the teams and
software for these and wants to provide details on how you think
they do or don't meet the board's guidelines for OIP confirmation,
please add information to the etherpads linked above some time this
week. Thanks in advance!
--
Jeremy Stanley