[OpenStack-sigs][publiccloud-wg][Action Required] help most needed for SIGs and WGs

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 04:43:49 UTC 2019

Dear all SIG and WG members

I would like to ask for three favors from each group. Thank you for your
kindly help.

tl;dr:
    1. As an action from [3], we will have a forum `Help most needed for
SIGs and WGs` [4]. And would like to ask each group kindly provide me the
following help most needed information, including

   - What's your team's name
   - Who's leading or active in this team
   - What's this team recently plan or doing
   - How people can join this team?
   - What's your most needed help interns of actions or technical features?
   - Which team (or who) you think that have a part in above help request
   (high potentially is fine)?
   - Anything else you wish to share to attendees?

    2. update help most needed section in [1]. So anyone can understand
what help your group needs. Also, TCs and UCs will have a better view of
how group effort been working in the community and how community priority
should be if regarding SIGs and WGs.
    3. Also, consider your needs as a community goal? Add it in [2] now.

-------------------------------------------longer
version---------------------------------------------------
( don't worry, not like I can do a super long readable article, but under
the power of line-counting this is longer and still readable for sure!)

    1. Back in the last summit, we have a forum [3] to talk about how can
we help to expose SIGs and WGs.
As an action, We will host a forum in coming Denver summit, to talk about
`Help most needed for SIGs and WGs` [4].
This forum will present the most needed help from SIGs and WGs. By plan to
also invite everyone (will try to invite people from each team and group)
in the community to join this forum.
We might get attention from people and potentially helpers:). Therefore, I
do wish to have participants from every group.
Please kindly provide me the following help most needed information,
including

   - What's your team's name
   - Who's leading or active in this team
   - What's this team recently plan or doing
   - How people can join this team?
   - What's your most needed help interns of actions or technical features?
   - Which team (or who) you think that have a part in above help request
   (high potentially is fine)?
   - Anything else you wish to share to attendees?

I will try to reach out to each team too, but if you already have answers
to the above questions, that will be super! Since we might get around 16
groups, will try to get to the ` most needed help` part for everyone. But
hopefully, we can still give some time if any attendee is really interested
in helping. We gonna get more focus on what's the needs and how we can help
to make progress of it, so it won't be like another BoF or Project update
for you. Also, it's a forum so I won't give my hope to have a video
recorder, which makes the second part more essential.

    2. Update help most needed section in [1]. So anyone can understand
what help you need. Also, TCs and UCs will have a better view of how group
effort been working in the community and how community priority should be.
Possibly and hopefully organizations/users/people might find matching their
inner plan and sending people to help. Now if your group are willing to
help with the forum, this action should be easy. And as I mention we're
going to have a forum [4], It will be benefit to have such a document ready
for anyone who's not coming to summit.

    3. Is this needed suitable as a community goal [2]? Since we're also
discussing community goal in #openstack-tc and ML, I think this might be a
good chance to raise your needs into suggestion as our goal [2] if you find
it fit with community goal definition.

As one of the Meta SIG chairs, I will try hard to make all SIG's life
easier. So let me know if above action doesn't fit with your group or if
you find it hard with making progress with your SIG mission.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/help-most-needed.rst
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/expose-sigs-and-wgs