[placement] Virtual Pre-PTG

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Mar 25 15:58:33 UTC 2019

We decided in today's placement meeting [1] that because of limited
time and space at the PTG and conflicting responsibilities of the
participants we'd like to prepare ourselves to only talk about
things at the PTG that we weren't otherwise able to decide
beforehand, in email.

I've committed to orchestrating and then summarizing several
conversations through a series of email threads based on the topics
we choose.

To do that, we need to make sure that the etherpads [2,3] reflect the
important topics a few weeks before the PTG, so we can have enough
time to talk.

I propose we start the process the week of the 8th, giving us 3
weeks of discussion prior to the PTG, with the caveat that the week
of the 22nd my availability will be limited. Between now and then
make sure you topics get on the etherpads, along with as much
additional info as you would normally put there. Don't fret if you
think of something after the 8th, just put it on the etherpad as
normal, and we'll figure it out.

If the 8th is too soon or too late, please propose an alternative.

If there's no need to change, I'll get things rolling on the 8th.

This way the time at the PTG can be spent more oriented to reviewing
our progress thus far and talking about how we can best achieve our
goals in the future.

Thanks

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/placement/2019/placement.2019-03-25-14.00.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-ptg-train