[tc][ptl][all] Report: OpenStack gate testing migration to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Mar 25 03:40:38 UTC 2019

 ---- On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:25:06 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > As we are close to Stein release, I am reporting the status of openstack gate testing on Bionic.
 > Few legacy jobs patches are still under review to mark this activity complete.
 >
 > Currently OpenStack gate is running two type of zuul jobs,  1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs2. legacy jobs
 >
 > 1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs:
 > These jobs are already migrated to Bionic and all the zuulv3 native jobs run on Bionic[1]
 >
 > 2.Legacy jobs:
 > This is in-progress work. Most of the project's legacy jobs have been migrated along with legacy base jobs
 > migration to bionic[2]. But there are below projects are pending to finish this migration:
 [..]

As stable/stein is cut before bionic nodeset patches merged on few projects,
I have backported them for stable/stein. Request all below projects to merge them soon:

Migration patches have not merged yet:
* Trove - lxkong is working on Trove fixes.
* tricircle -  Working with baisen to merge the gate fix and then bionic patch. both has +A.
* networking-midonet - master patch need another +2 and then I will backport that to stable/stein.

master patch is merged and backported to stable/stein
* Ironic
* Masakari
* Watcher
* Glance