[dev][cinder][stable-maint] python-cinderclient stein catch-up

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:50:26 UTC 2019

This is mainly addressed to the cinder stable-maint cores.

As Eric noticed at the last Cinder team meeting, while we have had a
Stein cycle python-cinderclient release (4.1.0), it was back in October
[0].  Because we didn't do another more recent release including the
patches that had collected in master, the stable/stein branch was cut at
the 4.1.0 tag, and thereby missed some bugfixes.  (We don't seem to have
missed any major functionality, however.)

I've put together an etherpad of the "missing" patches [1].  It notes
the patches I think it's OK to skip and it notes a few dependencies
among patches.  If any of those look like they should be included, feel
free to propose a backport.

I've put up backports to stable/stein with the topic "stein-ketchup" for
the rest.  There are some that we probably wouldn't normally consider,
but this is a bit of an unusual case if we want stable/stein to look the
way it would have if we'd cut a release 2 weeks ago.  Feel free to -2, I
won't take it personally, I just figured it would be faster to make the
decision on the reviews rather than try to figure it out up front.

Please review at your earliest convenience:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:stein-ketchup+(status:open+OR+status:merged)+AND+project:openstack/python-cinderclient

cheers,
brian

[0] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-cinderclient/tag/?h=4.1.0