[nova][qa] Does nova need to run the nv tempest-multinode-full job?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 03:16:59 UTC 2019

Nova runs the tempest-multinode-full job as non-voting for some reason:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/c993d4fe2ffaadea76d5ae76eedfddc3a4c71346/.zuul.yaml#L272

I'm assuming we were running that job initially for live migration
testing, but we get that with the voting nova-live-migration and
nova-grenade-live-migration jobs.

The tempest-multinode-full job is essentially just the tempest-full job
with 2 nodes. It doesn't run slow tests. But we have the tempest-slow
job which is multinode and runs slow tests only.

So it seems we have a lot of overlap between the nova-*live-migration
multinode jobs for live migration testing (and evacuate gets tested in
the nova-live-migration job as well), the tempest-full single node job,
the nova-next single-node job, the tempest-slow job and the non-voting
tempest-multinode-slow job, so can we just drop that last one?

If someone were really ambitious they could do a diff of the tests that
actually get run between say
tempest-full/nova-live-migration/tempest-slow and tempest-multinode-full
to see if we'd be missing any test coverage.

Matt