[all][PTG] Strawman Schedule

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Thu Mar 21 23:18:03 UTC 2019

> On Mar 21, 2019, at 5:41 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> Kendall Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> In the attached picture or link [0] you will find the proposed
>> schedule for the various tracks at the Denver PTG in April/May.
>>
>> We did our best to avoid the key conflicts that the track leads (PTLs,
>> SIG leads...) mentioned in their PTG survey responses, although there
>> was no perfect solution that would avoid all conflicts especially when
>> the event is three days long and we have over 40 teams meeting.
>>

>> If there is a critical conflict that was missed, please let us know,
>> but otherwise we are not planning to change this proposal.
>>
>> You'll notice that:
>>
>> - Like in Dublin and the last time we were in Denver, a number of
>> tracks do not get pre-allocated time, and will be scheduled on the
>> spot in available rooms at the time that makes the most sense for the
>> participants.
>>
>> - Every track will be able to book extra time and space in available
>> extra rooms at the event via the PTGBot once its configured for the
>> event. More details to come on that.
>>
>> - Airship & OpenStack Helm will each have a day and a half (with the
>> opportunity to book more time as they need) but we hadn't decided
>> which will go first
>>

>> And here are links to more information about the event[1], on
>> registration[2] or booking a room at the event hotel[3] in case you
>> haven't booked or registered yet :)
>>
>> See you there!
>> -Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)
>>
>> [0] https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/8c880d0a-b41e-4cea-8ff7-8f34073852ca.png?embedded=og
>> [1]https://www.openstack.org/ptg
>> [2]https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-infrastructure-summit-project-teams-gathering-tickets-52606153421?_ga=2.190991274.1609728385.1552928145-572792429.1538091877
>> [3]https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/DENCC/G-FNTE
>
> I don't see the new baremetal SIG on the schedule anywhere. Do we want
> to try to jump-start that group with some face-to-face time? Is that
> happening during the forum instead?

Yes, if we can fit it into the schedule. I requested time for Ironic/K8s
work, but nothing for SIG work in general. I'm expecting a good bit of
interest in the forum session I proposed from Airship, Mirantis, and Red
Hat around MetalKube and Cluster-API so I'm not sure if I'd be able to
repurpose that time.

-Chris