[tc][ptl][all] Report: OpenStack gate testing migration to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Mar 21 19:25:06 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

As we are close to Stein release, I am reporting the status of openstack gate testing on Bionic.
Few legacy jobs patches are still under review to mark this activity complete.

Currently OpenStack gate is running two type of zuul jobs,  1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs2. legacy jobs

1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs:
These jobs are already migrated to Bionic and all the zuulv3 native jobs run on Bionic[1]

2.Legacy jobs:
This is in-progress work. Most of the project's legacy jobs have been migrated along with legacy base jobs
migration to bionic[2]. But there are below projects are pending to finish this migration:

* Ironic - Patch is in gate to merge
* Trove - More work to implement the element script for bionic is needed
* networking-midonet - jobs are n-v as midonet is not yet ready on bionic. migration patch is up for review whenever midonet is good for bionic.
* neutron - patch is up for review. It need another +2
* Masakari - Partch is up for review.
* Glance - Patch is up for review.
* tricircle -  Patch is up for review. gate is alrwady broken in tricircle. I will contact PTL.

I am discussing all the above patches with respective team to merge them soon.

Open Patches:  https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:legacy-job-bionic+status:open

[1]  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000837.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003761.html

-gmann