[placement] Train PTG planning

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Mar 21 11:10:41 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Chris Dent wrote:

> The "if any" is because we haven't started out with any official
> space at the PTG, but we may be able to acquire some (or a room here
> and there) if we need to, but it is also assumed that many of us
> will be required in other rooms (nova, cyborg, blazar, others) and
> there are only 3 short days.

Turns out we do have a room for Friday and Saturday. There's an
emerging plan [3] to use Friday morning for nova-related cross
project sessions so many of us will be involved with that. A
nova-placement cross project etherpad has started [4]. If history is
any indicator there will be a lot of that, so I think it is fair to
say that Friday should be for working with other projects, Saturday
for refining the placement side of that collaboration and addressing
the placement-only work that is coming together on [1]. Please
continue putting your thoughts on [1] and [4].

[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004030.html
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ptg-train-xproj-nova-placement