[Forum] Feedback - Proposed Forum Schedule

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Wed Mar 20 15:21:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:40 AM Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2019 4:40 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> > I wanted to run the idea by operators and users to get feedback.
>
> Let me be frank and ask if we (nova) have specific operators and users
> that are clamoring for these changes and if so, do they plan on not only
> attending the session but engaging in the development of these pretty
> massive shifts in how nova works? I know we've been talking about this
> stuff for a long time, but the demand just doesn't feel like it's there
> from the operators community, and as a development team we're already
> spread thin.

I think implementing the new RBAC stuff is pretty important.  We've had
countless requests on things like a "read-only" user which is not currently
achievable without quite a significant overhaul of the existing policies.

A read-only user shouldn't be that hard, IMHO.  I don't want to derail the topic
but I'd be happy to be present at a session like this.  I think other operators
might also agree.

I do however also agree that a lot of saying "I want this" and not pushing code
up doesn't give me a lot of speaking power :)

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872
E. mnaser at vexxhost.com