[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update XV - Mar 20, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:48:19 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 15th update (Mar 13 to Mar 19, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Highlights of the week:
* we found that --serial flag is not working with os_tempest for
rocky/master release
  and it is now fixed, if tempest_run_concurrency var is set then
tempest tests will
  run in parallel otherwise in serial
* os_tempest role is now have less dependency on root user.
* tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone-os-tempest job is voting now on
os_tempest and tripleo
  side, if it fails or break feel free to ping on #tripleo channel.

Thanks to odyssey4me, guilhermesp, jrosser for making stable/rocky
tempest suse lxc distro
job passing.

Things got merged:
[os_tempest]
* Fix tempest_image_dir default var to user's home tempest-image dir -
https://review.openstack.org/640742
* Set tempest concurrency to int only - https://review.openstack.org/643423
* Bring back the --serial flag alive - https://review.openstack.org/643947

[tripleo]
* Make tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone-os-tempest job to voting -
https://review.openstack.org/642948

Things In Progress:
[os_tempest]
* Use requirements.yml for managing os_tempest deps -
https://review.openstack.org/644600
* Ensure stackviz installs from tarball URL only -
https://review.openstack.org/637503
* Beautify Generate test-list file shell task -
https://review.openstack.org/644499
* Prepare for manual execution - https://review.openstack.org/640348
* User guide for os_tempest - https://review.openstack.org/644570

os_tempest deps resolution email sent:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003976.html

What is coming next week:
* Few more cleanup on os_tempest
* Starting porting other tripleo standalone jobs to os_tempest
* Doc updates for os_tempest

Here is the 14th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003762.html