[tc] Project repository namespaces

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 12:54:12 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 00:58 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-03-19 08:02:16 +0900 (+0900), Adam Harwell wrote:
> > I agree with the majority so far that option 3 looks ideal but 2
> > looks more realistic as far as what we can get done easily. Who
> > would be on the hook to do the actual work here? I'm happy to sign
> > someone else up for work I guess, but I'd like to know who it is
> > so I can buy them a beverage to alleviate my guilt. ;)
>
> [...]
>
> At this stage the only work which lacks volunteers is deciding and
> documenting what namespaces to use for which projects. A batch of
> namespace changes will be scripted by OpenDev sysadmins as part of
> preparation for the Git/Gerrit transition maintenance.
the only concern i have with this discution is for formor stackforage projects.
in partacalr i maintain networking-ovs-dpdk which is not part of the neutron statidum
or an offical openstack project.

it started life on my github got imported to stackforge then moved to openstack namespace
when stackforge was retrired. im happy for it to move back to strackforge
but there is already of redirect form https://github.com/stackforge/networking-ovs-dpdk to
https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk in place so we would have to undo those
redirects when the new ones are created.

networking-ovs-dpdk can be a neutron stadium project as we cant test it in the gate as it needs
nested virt but i could technically propose it under as a devstack project if we wanted to make it official
at somepoint  as it is primarily a devestack plugin at this point and i plan to remove the remaining
python code soon. Anyway thats beside the point. What i wanted to highlight is if we move project back
to stackforge that were previously in stackforge we just need to be carful not to end up with a redirect loop.

Actully if https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk was redirect to
https://opendev/stackforge/networking-ovs-dpdk that might break the cycle but im sure we
can figure that out. i just wanted to point out the posible edgecase before someone automates this :)

whatever is decided im happy to update the readme ectra to reflect the new layout.

regards
sean.