[Forum] Feedback - Proposed Forum Schedule

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:40:46 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 15:17:06 -0400, Colleen Murphy <colleen at gazlene.net>
wrote:
> I noticed there are some sessions with overlapping topics:
>
> System scope/RBAC:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23712/migrating-nova-apis-to-keystone-scope-types
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23642/increasing-api-accessibility-with-granular-policy-and-default-roles
>
> Unified limits:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23715/feedback-gathering-for-unified-limits-proposal
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23641/unified-limits-update-and-migration
>
> Maybe we should combine some of these? What do you think, Melanie and Lance?

On the system scope one for nova, I was thinking of presenting a
step-by-step plan for migrating to using keystone scope types (based on
what I learned from discussing with Lance) in order to enable more
robust use cases for non-admin users, instead of enhancing our legacy
stuff to enable them. I wanted to run the idea by operators and users to
get feedback.

On the unified limits one, the plan is to present a specific proposal
from John Garbutt on how to migrate nova to unified limits (with the
more complex part being migrating our existing quota limits => unified
limits), and get feedback from operators and users.

Both are nova-specific, so if there's 1) enough time in the session and
2) it's OK to have nova-specific migration talk happening, we could
combine sessions. It's hard to predict the amount of time needed because
that depends on whether folks will have much feedback and discussion, or
not. I think I'm OK either way, so let's see what Lance thinks.

Cheers,
-melanie