[cinder] setting `rbd_exclusive_cinder_pool = True` with multiple cinder-volume writing to the same pool

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at syntaxhighlighted.com
Mon Mar 18 18:10:08 UTC 2019

Thanks guys,

@Gorka, Is the recommendation one ceph pool per cinder-volume or rather one cinder-volume (in active/passive HA) per ceph cluster? It seems Active/Active HA hasn’t been finished (looking at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/cinder-volume-active-active-support <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/cinder-volume-active-active-support>) so one cinder-volume would probably become a bottle neck at some point? Or is it going to be mostly idle anyway now that I’ve toggled `rbd_exclusive_cinder_pool = True`?

Regards,
Chris