[glance][swift][devstack] Glance with Swift backend how to specify CACERT

Vladislav Kuzmin vkuzmin at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 18 08:03:37 UTC 2019

I found this comments in devstack
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/glance#L180-L181 and
I'm trying to reproduce this not implemented behavior, because I  want to
implement it with CACERT.

> # NOTE(dims): Currently the glance_store+swift does not support either an
> insecure flag
> # or ability to specify the CACERT. So fallback to http:// url

I installed devstack with the following local.conf file:

> [[local|localrc]]
> ADMIN_PASSWORD=supersecret
> DATABASE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> RABBIT_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> SERVICE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
> enable_service tls-proxy
> enable_service s-proxy s-object s-container s-account
> SWIFT_REPLICAS=1
> SWIFT_HASH=1234123412341234
> USE_PYTHON3=True
> HOST_IP=10.0.2.15

After that I changed http to https in /etc/glance/glance-swift-store.conf
for auth_address and restarted g-api service. In the next step I upload an
image, but everything working good.
Does anybody know how to reproduce it with CACERT ?