[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 11 March 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Mar 16 11:25:55 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 11 March 2019

## News

### RC1

As mentioned in the latest release countdown email[1], RC1 and stable/stein will be cut next week. I've targeted some bugs in our backlog for RC1[2]. Development effort should be focused on these bugs. Please also report Stein regressions ASAP if you find any. While it may not be feasible to close all of these by RC1, we still have time for an RC2 if we need.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003851.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/stein-rc1

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 19 changes this week. This includes some of the base work for application credential access rules, although we are postponing merging the API changes for that work until Train.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 34 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. This includes several changes to implement domain-reader policies for some APIs which require a change in tempest[3].

[3] https://review.openstack.org/642102

## Bugs

This week we opened 4 new bugs and closed 4.

Bugs opened (4)
Bug #1819957 (keystone:High) opened by Morgan Fainberg https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1819957
Bug #1819299 (keystone:Low) opened by sam.lee https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1819299
Bug #1819453 (keystone:Undecided) opened by James Page https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1819453
Bug #1819957 (keystonemiddleware:High) opened by Morgan Fainberg https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1819957

Bugs closed (1)
Bug #1754723 (keystone:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1754723

Bugs fixed (3)
Bug #1816927 (keystone:Low) fixed by Pavlo Shchelokovskyy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1816927
Bug #1819299 (keystone:Low) fixed by Chason Chan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1819299
Bug #1718945 (keystonemiddleware:High) fixed by Tin Lam https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1718945

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

Next week is RC1 target week.

## Shout-outs

Thanks to Lance for being a great PTL for all these years :)

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter