[baremetal-sig][ironic] Bare metal logo program

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Thu Mar 14 22:09:13 UTC 2019

Hi everybody,

One of the things we need to sort out with the logo program is what logo
we should actually use. Since the early days of Ironic, Pixie Boots has
been the mascot of the project, and could be the starting point for the
logo program. However, Pixie Boots belongs to the Ironic team and
OpenStack community first and foremost, and we wouldn't want to use (or
not use) them without asking for community feedback first.

We've also have a draft of a word-based mark that could serve as the
basis for a formal logo program. We have a link to it here, and we'd also
like your feedback on that as an alternative.

https://object-storage-ca-ymq-1.vexxhost.net/swift/v1/6e4619c416ff4bd19e1c087f27a43eea/www-assets-prod/bare-metal-logo-program/baremetal-logo-program.png

What are your thoughts on either of the marks as it relates to the
program?

Thanks!
Chris