[nova] Does anyone remember why server_group_members quota is enforced at the user rather than project level?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Mar 13 20:33:01 UTC 2019

+1

Given the rest of the OpenStack quota handling is per project, we should be consistent (i.e. no per-user or per-group quotas, just per-project).

In the long term, unified limits will allow us to have the finer grain control (by creating sub-projects for specific use cases).

However, in my experience, this level of control for server groups should be deprecated.

If there are use cases, let’s address them with the new facilities that are being developed in an upcoming forum.

Tim