[nova] Stein automated upgrade checks

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:03:51 UTC 2019

As a reminder we should look through the upgrade release notes each
release to see if anything should be automated with the "nova-status
upgrade check" command. I looked over the release notes we do have [1]
and I couldn't really come up with anything that should obviously be
added. Mel already wrote one for nova-consoleauth. The only other one I
could think of maybe was the one about flavors with disk=0, but that
involves checking policy which is customizable and even then is OK as
long as disk=0 flavors are used only for volume-backed servers. I don't
know if it's worth just having a simple upgrade check that looks for
disk=0 flavors and dumps a warning? Mohammed should probably weigh in
here. Having a warning that can't be easily ignored in an upgrade check
might not be great since the return code is 1 for any warnings and if
tooling is failing on rc!=0 then some deployments could break.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/unreleased.html#upgrade-notes

Matt