[operators-required][nova][stable] Thoughts about backporting fix for bug 1378904?

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 15:50:28 UTC 2019

Le mar. 12 mars 2019 à 19:20, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Andrey fixed a bug [1] that we've talked about fixing forever which is
> to disallow AZ renames while the AZ has instances in it. This is a
> change in API behavior but it's really a "don't let admins shoot
> themselves in the foot" kind of thing. As such, it didn't have a
> microversion because users should not have to opt out of broken
> behavior, but I'm a bit hesitant about backporting the fix [2]. It has a
> release note so there would be some warning, but what do others think
> about backporting this?
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1378904

The change itself comes with related api-ref additions that help. Also, we
wrote that fix for a good reason : to prevent operators to shoot their feet
without knowing.

Consequently, I think we shouldn't leave away the opportunity to backport
all changes (incl. the api-ref ones) and just make sure we release a .y
stable release.

That said, Operators, please take notice of the context of this bug and
raise your concerns if you have any, please please please.

Sylvain