[congress][i18n][octavia][powervmstackers][telemetry][zaqar] Missing PTL candidates, only 5 hours remaining

William M Edmonds edmondsw at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 12 19:47:40 UTC 2019

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote on 03/12/2019 02:24:57 PM:

> Calling all contributors to these 6 projects:
>
>     Congress
>     I18n
>     Octavia
>     PowerVMStackers
>     Telemetry
>     Zaqar
>
> There are just 5 hours remaining in the candidate nomination period
> for the "Train" cycle PTL election. If you want to make sure the
> OpenStack Technical Committee doesn't need to take special action
> due to lack of a candidate and are willing to lead your team through
> the upcoming development cycle, please don't delay in following our
> instructions to nominate yourself:
>
> https://governance.openstack.org/election/#candidates
>
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

This snuck up on us. Was
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003677.html
 the first request for nominations? I thought we'd have more notice.

I've been transitioning off of OpenStack development :( and the folks who
are taking up that mantle with PowerVMStackers are all in India and asleep,
so there's not a lot we can do about this in the next few hours. I believe
there's at least one person who was going to nominate themselves, so it
shouldn't end up leaderless. I'll try to get them to do that as quickly as
possible.